Call for Papers for the 2017 Conference!
The Society for Descriptive Psychology is a Community exploring the Person Concept: The interdependent conceptual framework of Person, Behavior, Language, and World to create common ground for the Human Sciences.
The Society for Descriptive Psychology invites papers and presentations that address some subset of the following issues.
- Topics of that illustrate the diverse contributions of the late Tony Putman to Descriptive Psychology
- Development, refinement, and application of the tools and concepts of Descriptive Psychology itself
- Applications of Descriptive Psychology to contemporary social issues, such as prejudice and xenophobia
- Using concepts from Descriptive Psychology to formulate various contemporary psychotherapies, such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, EMD-R, or mindfulness approaches
- Descriptive Psychology formulations of psychopathology, including those related to social media (e.g., Twitter)
- The conceptual clarification of health care delivery models
- Practical applications of Descriptive Psychology to general audiences
The goal of this year's conference is to continue the exploration of Descriptive Psychology as a conceptual approach to a broad range of topics within the behavioral sciences, neurobehavioral sciences, social sciences, and humanities, continue building the Descriptive Psychology Community, and to promote further discussion about new approaches to disseminating Descriptive Psychology concepts and applications.
Join Us for the 2017 Conference
October 5 - 8, 2017
The American Mountaineering Center,
Copyright © Society for Descriptive Psychology